- Explain radiative forcing, greenhouse gases, and the enhanced greenhouse effect.
- Explain how climate models project future climate conditions.
- Describe the importance of extreme and unpredictable climate change.
- Differentiate between sea-level rise due to melting ice and that due to the thermal expansion of water.
- Describe how climate change will impact nonhuman life.
- Give examples of effects of climate change on humans.
- Explain why reducing atmospheric carbon will require reductions or changes in global energy use.
- Differentiate between carbon capture and storage and reduced CO2 production.
- Discuss the need for international commitment to allow climate change mitigation to succeed.